Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> on 2012/02/04 05:21:41 UTC

Native Photark Android Client Vs HTML 5 + PhoneGAP

Hi All

Can anyone explain in more details what are pros/cons of Native Android
Client and HTML5 client.

I have created a separate module for PhotArk HTML5
client(photark-client-android-html5).
The older one photark-client-android(It should be renamed
to photark-client-android-native) will host native Photark Android client.

--
Avdhesh Yadav
http://www.avdheshyadav.com

Re: Native Photark Android Client Vs HTML 5 + PhoneGAP

Posted by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can anyone explain in more details what are pros/cons of Native Android
> Client and HTML5 client.
>
> I have created a separate module for PhotArk HTML5
> client(photark-client-android-html5).
> The older one photark-client-android(It should be renamed
> to photark-client-android-native) will host native Photark Android client.

Hi Avdhesh,

AFAIK,  HTML5 is yet supported by some browsers on devices.

But native HTML browsers are relatively slow when we are going ahead with
the latest android app market where people expect
really polished, interactive interfaces. In such occasions HTML5 is ideal
and can done those stuff with less effort.

And one of the main advantage of native apps is the *disconnected*
functionality. HTML5 does include API's that should allow this
functionality, but AFAIK no one really supports it yet.( The user who waits
through a slow data connection to download once in our app,would not like
to so same EVERY time our app runs)

Other than that, there are many other advantages in HTML5 like powerful
audio/video support, good storage capacity and etc [1]

[1] -http://www.htmlfirm.com/blog/top-five-benefits-of-html5-arrival/

Thanks

> --
> Avdhesh Yadav
> http://www.avdheshyadav.com
> http://twitter.com/yadavavdhesh

--
Subash Chaturanga
University of Moratuwa

Blog -  http://subashsdm.blogspot.com/
Twitter - http://twitter.com/subash89

Re: Native Photark Android Client Vs HTML 5 + PhoneGAP

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Apache Cordova is the name for PhoneGap incubating under Apache.

>>> http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Posted by Subash Chaturanga <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avdhesh Yadav <av...@avdheshyadav.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.