Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Paul Jakubik <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/02 22:40:24 UTC

XML Schema: Xerces 1.4

Hi,

I saw an earlier post about XML Schema support
improvements slated for version 1.4. I am working on a
project that is attempting to use many of the XML
Schema features that are being added in 1.4. Depending
on when you plan to release 1.4 vs. when the the XML
Schema features will be available in CVS, we may be
interested in being alpha testers.

When do you plan on releasing 1.4 (even a ball-park
answer would help)?

When do you think most of the new XML Schema support
will be available?

The XML Schema features we need in particular are:
  - Validity checking for xsd:boolean and
xsd:nonNegativeInteger
  - xsd:string length constraints
  - xsd:string pattern checking constraints
  - minInclusive and maxInclusive constraints on
nonNegativeInteger
  - attributes with fixed values
  - elements with default values

If these features will be in CVS a significant amount
of time before the 1.4 release, it is very likely that
people from my project would be willing to be alpha
testers of this code so we can get experience using
the new features sooner.

If you can tell me more about your schedule plans, I
can tell you definitely if my project can commit to do
some alpha testing of these features.

--Paul