Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/20 10:46:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 2.2

Hi All,

Delos and me work together and prepared a release candidate of
Geronimo Samples 2.2 for your
review and vote.

This is the second independent release of samples for Geronimo.
Besides some bug fixes, in

this release, there are two new samples added:
1. DataCDInfo -- demo a popular web application framework Struts1 in
geronimo. User can use it
as a configuration template to start development of struts1. Of cause,
it has a demo about how
to use JTA and JPA. Compared with daytrader, this sample is quite
simple to understand about
JPA + JTA technologies.
2. csa-activemq -- demo how to use car-maven-plugin to build a custom
server assembly. This sample
uses activemq as a sample, including the new geronimo plugin
activemq-webconsole, so that user can
use it as standalone activemq server with user-friendly web interfaces
to manage queues.
 <http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html>

We did some testing on the built artifacts and everything seems well.

The samples can be installed on either a Geronimo 2.2. All of the
samples are available for
installation as plugins. We have created a plugin catalog for your convenience.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-050/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/>

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.2/
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.1.2>

Repository for plugin install:
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/samples-2.2/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejbohn/staging-repo/geronimo-samples/>

When the release vote is approved, the maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache and the maven site will be
published.

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo Samples 2.2
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo Samples 2.2 (please provide rationale)

Delos & Forrest

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
The plugin catalog url needs to wait for a while to sync:

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Forrest,
I applaud your recent patches to the geronimo samples along with your other geronimo contributions.

A release vote being held by a non-committer is unusual, at best. I see that Delos has performed most of the recent commits regarding samples and is listed as a co-author of this vote.

If Delos is the Geronimo committer performing this release, I think that Delos, and Delos alone, hold the release vote. If there are alternate views from the Geronimo community, please let me know.

BTW, I notice that Delos does not have a PGP key in the Geronimo KEYS file. This will need to be addressed prior to a release...

--kevan