Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Ji Liu <ni...@aliyun.com.INVALID> on 2020/03/06 07:29:12 UTC

[Discuss] [Java] Implement vector diff functionality

Hi all,
In C++ side, we already have array diff functionality[1] for array equals and testing to make it easy to see difference between arrays and reduce debugging time.
I think it’s better to have similar functionality in Java side for better testing facilities,  and I created an issue to track this[2].

Thanks,
Ji Liu

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/6600a39ffe149971afd5ad3c78c2b538cdc03cfd/cpp/src/arrow/array/diff.h
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-8019

Re: [Discuss] [Java] Implement vector diff functionality

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
It probably pays to have at least two issues one for porting the diff, and
the existing one I made.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.