Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Andy Wenk <an...@nms.de> on 2013/12/02 21:07:55 UTC

Status of translation work

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know, that you're awesome :) . You, the
translators. I am really excited about the fact, that the interest in
helping to translate CouchDB is that big. Here are some numbers because we,
as developers, love numbers:

15 languages
23 translators

German 4
Portuguese 3
Chinese 2
Dutch 2
Italian 2
Russian 2
Korean 1
Spanish 1
Romanian 1
Persian 1
Japanese 1
Danish 1
Hebrew 1
Polish 1
French 0

This is awesome. Sure, there is still a lot of work to do, but the start is
really great.

What could help furthermore? Well, basically just continue to translate.
But it would also be great to speak / write about what you're doing. So
write blog posts about your work in the CouchDB translation team, send
Twitter messages, post at G+ or even at Facebook. And if you know people
who could be interested in joining the team, simply ask them to subscribe
to l10n@couchdb.apache.org (
that they want to join.

There have already been some conversations about how to organise a growing
translation team. I think for now we should just continue. But later on, we
should also think about some processes for new translators to keep the
translation quality high. One idea would be to nominate a responsible
person for each language with the function to introduce new translators and
review their first submissions.

And here the official invitation to the whole community and readers of
these mailing-list. You want to contribute to CouchDB? Why not become a
translation team member? :)

So thank's a lot to all of you. Keep on doing great stuff!

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk