Posted to users@isis.apache.org by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx> on 2016/08/26 17:47:10 UTC

Isis in cloud services

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been testing our application
in tree cloud services so far, with good results in two of them:

Amazon Web Services Elastic Beanstalk. Working fine, volume load testing
automatically scales instances up and down just.

Heroku. Working fine, volume load testing automatically scales Dynos up
and down just fine.

Google App Engine, works fine in development mode, but when you deploy
the ISIS app does not start. It looks like this is due to the fact that
Apache Wicket uses some non scalable features of Java, and Google blocks
those features of Java. Another issue is that Google App Engine only
supports Java 1.7 and not 1.8 .

We are using PostgreSQL in all cases.

Cesar.

Re: Isis in cloud services

Posted by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.
Hello Martin,

of course your assistance and recommendations, as well as Dan's guidance
have been quite valuable. Thank you for pointing out about Heroku. Yes
we use Wicket viewer, and so far it works fine. After your kind and
valuable recommendations here, I think we might want to make some more
extensive tests on Heroku.

I think I sent earlier the issues we faced with Google Cloud, not on the
top oof my mind right now, but will try to find the email and forward it
to you. Anyway, because of Java issues and Datanucleous issues I don't
think we will go that way.

Cesar.

Re: Isis in cloud services

Posted by César Camilo Lugo Marcos <ce...@sisorg.com.mx>.
BTW, we did not try MS Azure because for managed services the only
database they support is SQL Azure (MS SQL Server engine). Yes you can
provide your own database, but it will not manage it. Naaaah.  :D

Re: Isis in cloud services

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Cesar,