Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Leonid Gorkin <LG...@mobius.com> on 2001/01/31 22:26:13 UTC

Cannot find Document.importNode() on Linux

Hi everybody,
While moving my Java code from Windows to Linux, I came accross a strange
error:

DBEngine.java:343: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method importNode  (org.w3c.dom.Node,boolean)
location: interface org.w3c.dom.Document
    reqResElem.appendChild( batchResElem.getOwnerDocument().importNode(
reqElem, true ) );

It cannot find Document.importNode() method! The strange part is that it
compiles perfectly on Windows, and method importNode is there (I checked the
source code). The rest of the code is compiled without any errors. I am
using the same versions of JDK (1.3) and Xerces (1.2.3) on both platforms.
Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Leonid Gorkin