Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by mb...@cardiweb.com on 2005/12/13 12:13:22 UTC

Creating a plugin

Hi.

And first, sorry if this is a stupid question.
I'm trying to make a plugin to test an EJB Component.

I followed tutorial, tried to understand, but really, I don't.

the primary problem is about resources.
My Gui class extends AbstractSamplerGui.
I implemented method "getLabelResource()" but It seems that I have to add
the label to src\core\org\apache\jmeter\resources\messages.properties for
it to works.
I hope I'm wrong because it would mean that I can't make a plugin outside
of jmeter-source tree.

Also, it seem to be 2 different methods to make a plugin : On with
AbstractXXXGui.java and another with TestBeanInfo.
I fist used TestBeanInfo and I then could have a message.properties file
in my package that works. But my component wasn't working ...

Could, please, somebody give me some advice about all this ?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Re: Creating a plugin

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/12/05, mbaroukh@cardiweb.com <mb...@cardiweb.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> And first, sorry if this is a stupid question.
> I'm trying to make a plugin to test an EJB Component.
>
> I followed tutorial, tried to understand, but really, I don't.
>
> the primary problem is about resources.
> My Gui class extends AbstractSamplerGui.
> I implemented method "getLabelResource()" but It seems that I have to add
> the label to src\core\org\apache\jmeter\resources\messages.properties for
> it to works.
> I hope I'm wrong because it would mean that I can't make a plugin outside
> of jmeter-source tree.

You can implement the method

getStaticLabel()

instead. See the parent of AbstractSamplerGui, i.e. AbstractJMeterGuiComponent

> Also, it seem to be 2 different methods to make a plugin : On with
> AbstractXXXGui.java and another with TestBeanInfo.

Not quite, see below.

> I fist used TestBeanInfo and I then could have a message.properties file
> in my package that works. But my component wasn't working ...
> Could, please, somebody give me some advice about all this ?

Hava a look at ConstantThroughputTimer

That extends AbstractTestElement and implements TestBean

S.