Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2017/06/10 23:18:13 UTC

Re: Updating PPMC rosters via whimsy

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> For that reason, I'd like to make a simplifying assumption: that all mentors
> are PPMC members, and all PPMC members are committers.

Existing records that violate one or more assumptions:
https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck

- Sam Ruby

Re: Updating PPMC rosters via whimsy

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
Sorry about that.  Fixed.  Thanks for reviewing the output!

- Sam Ruby

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Alright, we'll have to look, I was hoping it was something obvious but
everything about your setup looks correct.  And I should have known which
podling you were on - I think we even met at ACNA.

John

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
John,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Adina,

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 June 2017 at 12:58, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:58 AM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11 June 2017 at 00:18, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:

>> mentors
>> >
>> > Existing records that violate one or more assumptions:
>> > https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck
>>
>> "Podling Committers that are not Incubator committers"
>> AFAIK, that should not happen.
>> Probably mostly existing ASF committers being added to podlings directly.
>> New committers should be added to Incubator + podling by the existing
>> processes.
>> I think it would make sense to just add them to the Incubator
>> committer list so they have the appropriate karma.
>>

> Agreed.  I appreciate the concise report.  We should plan to add these
> individuals.
>

>> "Incubator committers that are not on the IPMC and are not listed as a
>> committer of any podling"
>> Most likely they were on podlings that are no longer active.
>> I don't think any cleanup of the list is done when podlings exit
>> incubation, so this list will continue growing.
>> Does that matter?
>>

> I was thinking about this.  I think I mis-stated the behavior of adding
> someone to the PPMC.  There is no requirement to remove them from
> incubator.  That's actually how I got started, my podling already graduated
> but I still had my incubator commit bit.
>
> The list that does worry me is the list of mentors not on the IPMC.  I feel
> like that requires a bit more research to find out what happened but unless
> those people are members they're probably going to be removed from their
> mentor roles.  What do others think?

The only one not currently an ASF member is:

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/devaraj

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.