Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sench <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/29 09:10:02 UTC

Maven schemaspy plugin with MSSql

Hi all,

Has anyone used before maven schemaspy plugin to generate DB schema site
from MSSql?
I'm trying to configure schemaspy plugin as described in
http://maven.wakaleo.com/mojo/maven-schemaspy-plugin/usage.html
http://maven.wakaleo.com/mojo/maven-schemaspy-plugin/usage.html
as folows
<reporting>
   <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>com.wakaleo.schemaspy</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-schemaspy-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <configuration>
              <databaseType>mssql</databaseType>
              <database>[DbName]</database>
              <host>[Host]</host>
              <user>[Login]</user>
              <password>[Password]</password>
          </configuration>
      <plugin>
   <plugins>
</reporting>

But during build of my site I'm getting this error
Parameter '-port' (database port on host) missing.
It is required for the specified database type.

Why maven schemaspy plugin didn't trying to connect to MSSql with defaul
port?
Or how can I pass port to maven schemaspy plugin?

Plz help,
Thanks

Re: Maven schemaspy plugin with MSSql

Posted by Sench <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,
Thanks for your reply.

I've also tried that with jdbcUrl:
<jdbcUrl>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://[host]:[port];DatabaseName=[DbName]</jdbcUrl>
But it still don't work.

Regards,
Arsen

Re: Maven schemaspy plugin with MSSql

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps you should consider using the jdbcUrl parameter instead? That
should let you pass the port info, I would assume.

*Note: I've never used this plugin, just glanced at the docs.

Wayne

Posted by Brad Szabo <bs...@unicon.net>.
Hello,

I am using Oracle and ran into this same issue when I tried to run the
Maven SchemaSpy Plugin. I have looked at the source code briefly and it
appears that it is not passing along some required arguments for
certain databases (like the "-port" argument you have mentioned). There
are also some other issues with the version of SchemaSpy that is
embedded and modified within the plugin involving the classloader for
plugin. I can only say for certain that the plugin currently works with
Apache Derby without some modifications. I actually plan on trying to
fix this soon because I think this is a great tool. When I do, I'll
contact the plugin creator to see if I can contribute it.

In the short term, your only option is to download the source code and
try to patch it yourself.

~Brad