Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/06/21 00:37:18 UTC

[Lang] Serialization [was: Increasing its role]

I've committed the serialization changes I suggested as new classes. I
haven't removed the methods from Objects at the moment, because the
functionality is slightly different.

The code in Objects allowed you to serialize to and from a byte[]. If an
error occurred it was silently absorbed. In the code I have committed,
errors are thrown as SerializationException (runtime exception, as this
error should be picked up during testing). Full test cases added as well.

If I hear nothing back, I will remove the old methods from Objects.

Stephen