Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/31 13:53:31 UTC

Please help with configuration

Hi,I have just downloaded the JDK 14.0.2 on my system (Windows 10), and the NetBeans IDE is pointing to JDK 14.0.1, hence the IDE crashes during the startup. Which configuration file do I need to change to point to JDK 14.0.2?
Thanks

Re: Please help with configuration

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 I thank you immensely. This worked fine. What I really need to do is to alter my JDK home and omit the version number so this doesn't happen again for future updates.
In NetBeans->Tools->Java Platforms there are two platforms configured under the "Platforms" column, one which marked as "JDK 14 Default" pointing to a directory that doesn't exist anymore. The "Remove" button remains opaque for the "JDK 14 Default" and not usable. Any idea of how I may remove this entry?
Thanks again

    On Friday, July 31, 2020, 6:30:54 PM GMT+4:30, Pete Whelpton <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

You can set a specific JDK in the netbeans.conf file in the /etc directory in the Netbeans installation folder.

Look for the line:
#netbeans_jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

delete the # to uncomment it, and change /path/to/jdk to the path to your JDK installation.  I believe you can (should) still use forward slashes on Windows, e.g. C:/JDK/JDK14

Save, and restart Netbeans.

Hope that helps,

Posted by Pete Whelpton <pe...@gmail.com>.