Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by James D Carroll <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/07 05:06:23 UTC

Roadmap

I've been following this list with some interest, especially the notions
of Geronimo, Spring, Java 1.5 etc and the future of James.  Is there a
roadmap for the future forming?

Thanks,
James

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 4:06 AM, James D Carroll <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been following this list with some interest, especially the notions
> of Geronimo, Spring, Java 1.5 etc and the future of James.  Is there a
> roadmap for the future forming?

roadmaps have (in the recent past) proved extremely controversial :-/

stuff does seem to be start moving along now, though

any particular stuff you're interested in?

- robert

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:06 AM, James D Carroll <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been following this list with some interest, especially the notions
> of Geronimo, Spring, Java 1.5 etc and the future of James.  Is there a
> roadmap for the future forming?

If you replace "roadmap" by "release", then yes, I think there will be
a release, sometime.

What is really heavily needed right now are users testing and giving feedback.

We should put out a milestone release for this, but testing trunk or
the nightlies would be pretty good as well.

  Bernd