Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/02/03 13:41:14 UTC

upgrade to 4.4.2

H everyone,

last Thursday we promoted 4.4.2 to our second (as in customer) production environment. This went all smoothly but for one issue. It is running and nothing seems to be in the way.

The issue (for which probably a colleague will create a ticket when all investigation is done is; In a large isolated network with 150+ vms the router won't restart with the new template. After removing a couple of idle vms it does start again. The root cause is that the configure dhcp command that is now an aggregate command is to large. All dhcp data and commands to set the leases in the vr are passed as a argument to vmops on the (xenserver 6.2) host. vmops then doesn't return and ACS destroys the router again.

In spite of a long night work we are all in all very happy with again a successful upgrade. Just in time to focus on 4.5 ;)

\DaanH