Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Tom Eicher <to...@teicher.net> on 2013/02/08 01:38:02 UTC

Page load without version redirect for Bootstrap Modal

Hello,

with Bootstrap's modal functionality, I can make very cool modal
popups.

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/javascript.html#modals

The problems start when I want to provide the popup's content
dynamically via Wicket, because I need to provide a href that will be
loaded by JQuerys "load" method, which apparently does not respect
redirects.
In other words, I need to provide a PageLink (Bookmarkable or other...)
that will load the page directly, without redirecting to include the
page version. But I do not want ONE_PASS_RENDER for the whole of
the application.

Previous questions about such things pointed to the "restart
exception", but I guess that's a different use case...

Maybe if I already included a page version in the link, would the
page still redirect ? Can I switch off redirecting for one
page only ? Or even better, for one page constructor only ?

Anybody successfully doing Bootstrap modals with "remote content"
(using "href" or data-remote") ?

Cheers, Tom.

Re: Re: Page load without version redirect for Bootstrap Modal

Posted by Tom Eicher <to...@teicher.net>.
Thanks Igor, that worked.

As a hint to future bootstrapping wicketeers:

remove the all data-toggle, href, data-target etc attributes
and the $('#myModal').modal(); call.
put the modal's body in a container div.

then render the dialog content using AJAX like

new AjaxLink("EditAjax") {
   @Override
     ... newEditPanel = new ....
      editPanel.replaceWith(newEditPanel);
     editPanel=newEditPanel;
     target.add(editPanel);
     target.appendJavaScript("$('#myModal').modal();");
     }
}

Cheers, Tom.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.