Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gerry Duprey <gd...@Schools-OPEN.com> on 2004/04/20 16:08:42 UTC

Getting the name of the current template file

Howdy,

Is there a way to get the name of the current template file being processed by
Turbine?

For example, say you have a pull tool that manages info about a form.  In the
top of the velocity screen template, you define the form via your pull tool.

You want the pull tool to be able to figure out what the name of that screen
template file/path being processed is so it can be stored and reused later
(say, for re-presenting the page after submission if it had errors).

The form handling pull tool has a means to keep the name of that template
(lets just say the screen template) between requests for a given session, but
I haven't found a way to extract that actual screen template name so I can
store it for later reuse.

The idea is that once a form is first setup, it may need to be redisplayed
over and over (while a user corrects problems and resubmits).  Right now, I
have a line in the form that sets the name of the template into the form.
This seems a bit redundant (a template that has, inside itself, the name of
itself) and error prone (future renaming attempts)

Appreciate any thoughts on this :-)

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey