Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by 杨华杰 <yh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/13 05:30:25 UTC

Does fediz support ws-federation

Hi

I saw fediz support saml 1.x an saml 2.  I am new to these claim based
authentication, but I think it's quite useful technology.

I found sharepoint 2012 support claim based authentication, it's so popular
that I have work with that platform.  I would like to know whether fediz
can have this kind of integration or not.

About sharepoint claim based authentication:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh446525.aspx

Regards,
Hua JIe

RE: Does fediz support ws-federation

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi there

When you sniffer the network you can grab the SAML token within the wresult form parameter. The Fediz plugin prevents you to send the same SAML token twice as the token is cached to prevent replay attacks but if you're running in a clustered environment you might be able to send the request to the other instance in the cluster as Fediz doesn't support that yet. Right now, Fediz supports a basic in-memory cache or ehcache. I was thinking to add a new option with hazelcast.

The other issue is that you can see what kind of permissions users have.

You won't be able to change it because the SAML assertion is signed and the signature is trusted.

HTH

------

Oliver Wulff

Blog: http://owulff.blogspot.com