Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Hans-Henning Vossieck <HH...@gmx.net> on 1998/09/10 11:48:58 UTC

general/2984: your Problem Peports / echo in configure / PR# 2564

>Number:         2984
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       your Problem Peports / echo in configure / PR# 2564
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Well, actually this is a problem report concerning
problem reports in generasl.

I encounterde the echo problem, too. (I'm running the
latest bash version.) The second configure replacement
in the above mentioned PR# 2564 fixed the problem, but
first I had to substitute all occurrences of
"&gt;" and "&lt;" with the appropriate redirection
symbols. Seems to be a false html to text conversion.

Someone seems to write his emails in html. Wouldn't it
be better to send emails containing lots of special
in plain text format?

But, however, the fix was ok.
>How-To-Repeat:
n/a