Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nikolaus Krismer <ro...@krismer.de> on 2011/03/04 09:57:38 UTC

Deploy services to subfolders in servicePath?

Hi!

Is there a possibility to deploy webservices in Axis2 to subfolders of the servicePath?

The reason i want to do this is because of versioning. I would like to deploy my webservice "MyService" in a new version (called v2) and in an older version (called v1). I don't want my clients to change the epr when the service changes, so I am thinking of deployment like this:

    https://myserver/services/v1/MyService
    https://myserver/services/v2/MyService

Is this possible if the servicePath is "/services"?

Regards,
Niko

Re: Re: Re: Re: Deploy services to subfolders in servicePath?

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is what we call a service hierarchy. We've been using it for
sometime now.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Nikolaus Krismer <ro...@krismer.de> wrote:

> Are you sure that this can be done.
>
> I know that the following is possible (already tested it) in the
> repository:
>
> services
>  MyService
>    META-INF
>      MyService.wsdl
>      services.xml
>
> But is this also possible?
>
> services
>  v1
>    MyService
>      META-INF
>        MyService.wsdl
>        services.xml
>
> The exception "missing META-INF directory" tells me that axis2 searches for
> a META-INF in each subfolder of the repository (and v1 does not include such
> a folder).
>
> Regrads,
> Niko

**http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
*
email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
*

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deploy services to subfolders in servicePath?

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Nikolaus Krismer <ro...@krismer.de> wrote:

> By now i realized the functionality using a self implemented dispatcher
> that is deployed as module and engaged for every service, which redirects
> from an epr "http://myserver/services/v1/MyService" to "
> http://myserver/services/v1_MyService" (same for v2).
>
> Not the best solution, but for now this seems to work. I hope that such a
> "serviceHierarchy" can be used in Axis 1.6 (without the need for an
> webService application server). That would make life much easier for me...

Yeah, did you try the release candidate available at the link

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolaus Krismer <ro...@krismer.de>.
[...]

Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: Invalid service. META-INF directory not found.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.