Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Jeremy Daggett <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/13 19:52:46 UTC

Apache Package Naming

Hey folks,

I was just creating a package and realized that it might not necessarily be
correct.

What is our plan on package naming going forward?  As a top level Apache
project, I would expect this to change to "org.apache.jclouds.*".

Most packages are currently under "org.jclouds.*". Should I blaze the trail
on this and go for the new package name?  Thoughts?

/jd

Re: Apache Package Naming

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Oh, I just meant have 2 releases that are healthy at the same time.  One
with old package and the other with new (different branches, different
minor nfnums).

Otherwise, I would do it on  "real" change like 2.0 as in a new codebase.
This one is my preference, as otherwise the refactoring is more distraction
than productive.

-A

Re: Apache Package Naming

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.