Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com> on 1996/07/10 05:21:49 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Missing in the conf/access.conf file" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)

--
Cliff Skolnick, CIO      http://www.organic.com/     cliff@organic.com
Organic Online, Inc.       ** we're hiring **           (415) 278-5650

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Hi - before releasing 1.1 we realised that the distributed access.conf
file was a tad confusing with respect to what did what - in particular,
use of the <Limit> directive was unclear in that a <Limit GET> did *not*
protect against POST, HEAD, PUT, or other types of methods in that
directory.  By removing the <Limit> directives we were basically saying
<Limit *>... so I'm confused as to why you claim you need those lines, and
*particularly* confused as to why you would need them for .htaccess files
to work.

	Brian