Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2014/04/01 09:08:07 UTC

Re: Netbeans and "Compile On Save"

Hi,

Do you experience the same problem with 6.13 ?
It may be some configuration issue with the way Netbeans deploys the app in
your preferred web container (Glassfish ?!).
But it is also possible that Wicket regressed somehow and keeps references
to classes/class loaders and thus the (un)deployment process cannot do its
job.

 Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting

Posted by Brad Grier <br...@salusnovus.com>.
I'm pretty sure I had the problem with 6.13. Unfortunately I've been working
around it for so long that I can't really say when it started happening.
It's possible I was using a different version of Netbeans or maybe it was
when I ported from Wicket 1.4 to 6 (although I don't think so). I haven't
had any luck finding a solution.

I'm using Tomcat, BTW.

Re: Netbeans and "Compile On Save"

Posted by David Beer <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi All

I did some further research on this and it very much depends on the
container, and the way that NetBeans IDE interacts with it or deploys the
resulting application. If you search for Compile On Save NetBeans IDE you
will get various hits and results. Some saying it works great for tomcat
and Glassfish but not JBoss containers. I have this working great with
tomcat but not JBoss Containers or wildfly. The problem is that this
NetBeans specific technology and uses the availble connector for deploying
to web container all of them are different.

Thanks

David