Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/10/02 01:21:27 UTC

Location of test results

Hi,

in a recent change [1] the test result location changed from "a
directory in
the module folder" to "a directory in the target folder". So now
a) the test results will get removed with every "mvn clean" and
b) we don’t need to exclude the test result directories in .gitignore
    anymore.
Both of those seem to be good effects.
However, this change wasn’t announced to anybody (I saw it in a
review,
but didn’t think about it too much) and so in the latest change [2] we
added
the result directories again (probably because those directories were
still
around and showing up in "git status").

I think that moving the test results to the target directory was a good
step
and that
1) everybody should remove the old result locations from their local
trees
    and
2) we should remove those directories from .gitignore again.

Thoughts? Concerns? Better ideas?

Cheers,
Till

[1]