Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Preetam Rao <bl...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 10:54:47 UTC

Fwd: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Hi,

Every time I send a mail to this list, I get the below error.
Any idea where is the problem ?
It also appears that my mails are actually reaching the list.
Any help in rectifying this is appreciated.

Thanks
Preetam

From: "Preetam Rao" <bl...@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:44:26 +0530
Subject: matching sub phrases in user entered query...
Hi,

<snip>

RE: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Erik,

I'm seeing the same problem - here's an excerpt from the headers of a bounce I just got (note the address "gaurav.kumar@spsoftindia.com" in the last couple of "Received:" headers):

From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MA...@spsoftindia.com>
	by mx04.mfg.onr.siteprotect.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 0024420B4062
	for <ga...@spsoftindia.com>; Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:29:17 -0500 (CDT)

Steve

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Erik:

Re: Accent Insensitive Search

Posted by Wojtek H <wo...@gmail.com>.
Note that ISOLatin1AccentFilter converts accent characters only from
ISO-8859-1 character set. Which means that if you need to convert
accents of eastern European languages you need to write your own
accent filter.
wojtek

Posted by Petite Abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
On Jul 16, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Aamir.Yaseen@globaldatapoint.com wrote:

> Simple example is Kraków search should also bring Krakow also in
> search results.

As pointed out previously, you need to transliterate your input using
something like ISOLatinFilter or such.

For example, searching for 'aaiun' should return 'Aaiún' and vis-versa:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/search?q=aaiun
http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/el-aaiun

Sean M. Burke's Unidecode provides an extensive transliteration of
Unicode into ASCII:

http://interglacial.com/~sburke/tpj/as_html/tpj22.html

E.g.:

Москва́	Moskva
北京	beijing
Ἀθηνᾶ	Athena
서울	seoul
東京	dongjing
京都市	jingdushi
नेपाल	nepaal

Cheers,

--
PA.
http://alt.textdrive.com/nanoki/

Accent Insensitive Search

Posted by Aa...@globaldatapoint.com.
Hi All,

I need to implememnt Accent Insensitive Searchin my application.

Simple example is Kraków search should also bring Krakow also in search results.

I have seen many threads discussing sloution with SOLR, But I dont want to use SOLR in my application for only this feature.

Any suggessionas?

Regards,

Aamir Yaseen

Re: Returned mail: see transcript for details

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.