Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Ray <ch...@rayjchris.co.uk> on 2010/09/22 12:41:23 UTC

Mod_Perl 2.0 + Apache2 + Template Toolkit + Apache::Template

Hello, I'm currently attempting to update an Apache Cluster from Apache 1.3
to Apache2. The Cluster is running Debian (Lenny). The website served by
this cluster uses Template Toolkit extensively. A link to template toolkits
home page:

http://template-toolkit.org/

Sitting in-between Apache2 and Template Toolkit is a Perl module called
Apache::Template the original version of this module doesn't work with
Mod_Perl 2.0. I have since found that Geoffrey Young had created a port of
this module to support Mod_perl 2.0. Available here:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/modules/experimental/Apache-Template-2
.00_01.tar.gz

This module hasn't been worked on in a while. When I attempted to install
the module this morning it came up with an error message saying the
following:

Can't find the mod_perl include dir (reason: path /usr/include/apache2
doesn't exist) at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/Build.pm line 2030.

Which is fair enough since I don't have that directory! does anyone know
what should be in there and how I could go about finding the right content
to put in there?

Regards Chris

Re: Mod_Perl 2.0 + Apache2 + Template Toolkit + Apache::Template

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
FWIW, it installed fine on my setup:

Installing /Users/phred/dev/perl-5.12.0/lib/site_perl/5.12.0/Template/Service/Apache.pm
Installing /Users/phred/dev/perl-5.12.0/man/man3/Apache::Template.3
Appending installation info to
/Users/phred/dev/perl-5.12.0/lib/5.12.0/darwin-2level/perllocal.pod