Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/10/15 21:15:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c

>  	In addition, the type of allow_options_t has been changed
>  	from a char to an int; I don't think this warrants an MMN
>  	bump because a) that's a core-private type, and b) access to
>  	the information is through ap_allow_options(), which extends it
>  	to an int anyway.

You forgot the minor detail that it might change the size of the data
and thus the offsets within the core_dir_config structure, which will
indeed screw up any precompiled binary module.  MMN must be bumped by
that change.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> You forgot the minor detail that it might change the size of the data
> and thus the offsets within the core_dir_config structure, which will
> indeed screw up any precompiled binary module.  MMN must be bumped by
> that change.

D'oh!  Right, I've been convinced that this isn't the right
solution, so I'll revert it to-night.

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c http_protocol.c http_request.c

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>.
I really, really don't think adding it as an Options made sense, for
multiple reasons already noted.

	Brian