Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/20 04:06:04 UTC

Re: [FORUMS] landing page/logo design

Dave and Drew,

Hey there, my name is Kevin and I'm new to the effort. I'll like to
contribute to the branding, UI styling and user experience moving forward.

I've taken a look at the logos proposal pages, and their are some great
elements. I'm having a hard time selecting which is most appropriate
because I'm unclear on the design brief. In other words, what is the
message? what are the requirements? and ultimately? what are the criteria
for success for the logo elements.

Is there a wiki page that captures this information? If not, could you
share your thoughts?

Regards,
Kevin

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 11:06 +0800, Kevin Grignon wrote:
> Dave and Drew,
>
> Hey there, my name is Kevin and I'm new to the effort. I'll like to
> contribute to the branding, UI styling and user experience moving forward.
>
> I've taken a look at the logos proposal pages, and their are some great
> elements. I'm having a hard time selecting which is most appropriate
> because I'm unclear on the design brief. In other words, what is the
> message? what are the requirements? and ultimately? what are the criteria
> for success for the logo elements.
>
> Is there a wiki page that captures this information? If not, could you
> share your thoughts?
>
> Regards,

Hi Kevin, Dave, et al

@Kevin, thanks for the questions, very much.

Now if only there were some good answers...

Speaking only from what I've been putting up the idea(s) that I try to
keep in mind are:

Change as evolution over revolution.

One community member, Graham Lauder, has done I think I think are
putting forward the idea of more radical change, from the perspective of
visual branding. I believe he, maybe someone else, has started putting
together some wiki pages covering a branding language - that needs to be
expanded most likely.

Anyway - I mostly just wanted to ping back and say that this is
something that needs attention and look forward to new ideas and
efforts...so welcome!

Best wishes,

//drew

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the insight. I'll capture some thoughts and forward along shortly.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.