Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net> on 2005/10/30 03:03:43 UTC

2.1.8 on FreeBSD?

Anyone have 2.1.8 running on FreeBSD? www/apache21 still builds 2.1.4-alpha. I tried the old trick of just changing the distfile stuff, but it seems none of the patches are applicable anymore. Is there a set of new patches floating around? Are they still needed? Or am I on my own?

I haven't bothered the ports maintainer yet, I thought it would be more fun to bother the largest number of people first :)

Thanks

Re: 2.1.8 on FreeBSD?

Posted by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> I run 2.1.8, on FreeBSD 5.4. I don't use the Ports.  I don't believe any
>  extra patches should be required.

excellent, thanks

> There is apache@freebsd.org list[1], where you can ask someone to update
> the Port.

yeah...that's me not thinking again. thanks.

Re: 2.1.8 on FreeBSD?

Posted by Brandon Fosdick <bf...@bfoz.net>.
Paul Querna wrote:
> I run 2.1.8, on FreeBSD 5.4. I don't use the Ports.  I don't believe any
>  extra patches should be required.

Now I see what the patches are for, the stock make install craps all over /usr/local. And there appears to be some changes in APR that prevent mod_dav_userdir from compiling. At the very least I can't figure out where apr-config went to.

I'm going to give up on testing 2.1.x until it's easier to use. Large file support will just have to wait.

Re: 2.1.8 on FreeBSD?

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> Anyone have 2.1.8 running on FreeBSD? www/apache21 still builds
> 2.1.4-alpha. I tried the old trick of just changing the distfile
> stuff, but it seems none of the patches are applicable anymore. Is
> there a set of new patches floating around? Are they still needed? Or
> am I on my own?

I run 2.1.8, on FreeBSD 5.4. I don't use the Ports.  I don't believe any
 extra patches should be required.

> I haven't bothered the ports maintainer yet, I thought it would be
> more fun to bother the largest number of people first :)

There is apache@freebsd.org list[1], where you can ask someone to update
the Port.

-Paul
[1] - http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-apache