Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by SandyRay <sr...@kenfuse.com> on 2009/08/23 18:15:56 UTC

Ofbiz Testing - student projects

Hi OFBiz Dev community,

I am associated with a nascent collaborative initiative called Kenfuse
(http://www.kenfuse.com). The effort is towards getting more and more
students and junior developers get a taste of open source early on and
decide for themselves. As part of the initiative we are working with
graduate schools and structuring electives to be delivered formally so that
the participation has a sense of direction ie students look forward to good
grades if they do a good job besides picking up good skills of course and
for institutes to prepare students on contemporary technologies and improve
placements etc. Feedback from project mentors would influence their grades
;-). Much like Google Summer of Code , but with faculty involvement and
incentive is grade and not cash :-(

Given that background, I am working with faculty from a top school in
Bangalore, India, who are looking to offer a focused course on open source
testing this term. The course is planned to contain two distinct sections a)
classroom teaching introducing the subject and covering the fundamentals b)
practical hands on projects where student ramp up on a specific assigned
project architecture and functionality, required testing tools for
automation and work with mentors to develop automation that can be
contributed back. My note is towards this later component. Would like to
explore projects on ofbiz testing and test automation that can be a good
learning for students and also double as contributions back to the project.
The term for students start in another week or so and expected to be a class
of over 40 with about 8-10 open source project participating as mentor
organization. Term ends by late Nov.

Also here is a link that can provide some high-level overview of the process
http://www.kenfuse.com/content/kencampus

If there are specific questions or clarifications required, I would be more
than happy to respond to them.

- Sandy

Re: Ofbiz Testing - student projects

Posted by SandyRay <sr...@kenfuse.com>.
Hi Brett,

This is perfect. We do have a few other projects looking to develop tests
using Selenium and we should see some synergy there in terms of learning
curve for students. As next steps I will go ahead and initiate the project
with the links you shared and send you an invite to be the mentor. In
parallel will work with the students group to pick the interested ones so
that you get connected.

- Sandy

Posted by SandyRay <sr...@kenfuse.com>.
Selenium based test automation student project created
http://www.kenfuse.com/project/ofbiz_selenium.

For review, Brett.

- Sandy

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Hans,

I notices the additions on my last svn update.  I have a lot more updates to

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Sandy,

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Sandy,

You can find documentation available on internet for JUnit test case.
They are written using JAVA (though we preferred to write them in
simple method). They are based on very simple concept - JUnit test
case helps us to test the service with pre-defined input and output
parameters.

--
Sumit Pandit

Posted by SandyRay <sr...@kenfuse.com>.