Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sagar Jadhav <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/31 20:31:30 UTC

Re: Classloading issue on tomcat 8.5.40 on two identical machines

 Hi  I would like to seek some guidance on the issue we are facing in production. We got two new ubuntu 16 boxes and we are using tomcat 8.5.40 for deploying java/spring apps (spring version 3.2 and some resteasy & jersey libs).Since some of it is a legacy codebase, we had to make sure everything works in the new tomcat 8.5.40 server (previously the code was deployed on tomcat6).We saw everything work as expected in our lower environments (which are also on ubuntu16) but started seeing some weird class loading issues ONLY on one machine but the other machine works fine. (we have some duplicate jars).Has anyone run to this issue and if so how did they solve it?Also has any one written a custom classloader and if they have how did they do it?
Any help is deeply appreciated.
thank youSagar Jadhav

Re: Classloading issue on tomcat 8.5.40 on two identical machines

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On August 31, 2019 8:31:30 PM UTC, Sagar Jadhav <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>Hi  I would like to seek some guidance on the issue we are facing in
>production. We got two new ubuntu 16 boxes and we are using tomcat
>8.5.40 for deploying java/spring apps (spring version 3.2 and some
>resteasy & jersey libs).Since some of it is a legacy codebase, we had
>to make sure everything works in the new tomcat 8.5.40 server
>(previously the code was deployed on tomcat6).We saw everything work as
>expected in our lower environments (which are also on ubuntu16) but
>started seeing some weird class loading issues ONLY on one machine but
>the other machine works fine. (we have some duplicate jars).Has anyone
>run to this issue and if so how did they solve it?Also has any one
>written a custom classloader and if they have how did they do it?
>Any help is deeply appreciated.
>thank youSagar Jadhav

You haven't told us what issue you are seeing. Without more information it is going to be very difficult to provide advice.

Mark