Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Qing Lan <la...@live.com> on 2020/08/05 01:49:03 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1

Hi Justin,

I am here to response the issues you mentioned in [2] [3] and [5].

For [2] and [5], I monitored the DJL project that addressed the folliowing:

  1.  Change all MXNet to Apache MXNet (incubating) from documentation where it necessary
  2.  Change maven package description ” MXNet Engine Adapter for DJL” to  "Deep Java Library (DJL) Engine Adapter for Apache MXNet" for clarification
  3.  Other necessary changes to address the concerns

For [3], this package contains no source code from Apache MXNet and only contains the binary that built from source through the Apache MXNet source code without modification. It also brought necessary License and binary attribution from Apache MXNet. Hope this can help unblock Apache MXNet release.

Thanks,
Qing

________________________________
Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 4, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> 1.  Change all MXNet to Apache MXNet (incubating) from documentation where it necessary
>> 2.  Change maven package description ” MXNet Engine Adapter for DJL” to  "Deep Java Library (DJL) Engine Adapter for Apache MXNet" for clarification
>
> Thanks for doing that. ASF generally prefers “powdered by” so I would double check with trademarks (trademarks@a.o) if this is acceptable use. [1]

That’s “Powered by”, but “for” can also be acceptable. Agreed that trademark@ is the place for the PPMC to ask.

Regards,
Dave

RE: RE: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1

Posted by "Chen, Ciyong" <ci...@intel.com>.
Hello community and IPMC,

We're pending on the binding votes to move forward, appreciated if anyone could help on this release. Thanks!

Regards,
Ciyong

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 carried from vote on dev@ [1].