Posted to users@maven.apache.org by en...@sgx.com on 2003/11/19 02:49:27 UTC

Unable to download the initial jar files

I am a new Maven user and I had downloaded the Maven 1.0 rc1 for testing.
However, the moment I tried to compile my project, I hit the problem of
unable to download those jar files which Maven needed.

The following is the error message I got:

2003-11-19 09:43:25,069 INFO  org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier
- Attempting to download ant-1.5.3-1.jar.
2003-11-19 09:43:47,035 WARN  org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier
- Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.3-1.jar]:
java.lang.Exception: Can't get ant-1.5.3-1.jar to C:\Documents and
Settings\itaeh\.maven\repository\ant\jars\ant-1.5.3-1.jar
2003-11-19 09:43:47,035 WARN  org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier
- WARNING: Failed to download ant-1.5.3-1.jar.

I am working behind a corporate fire wall but I had configured the proxy
settings in the build.properties file as described in the userguide.
However, that still doesn't work.  I am not sure what means does Maven use
to download these jar files (is it Http or Ftp?).  Is there a way to
resolve this problem?

Thanks & regards,
Eng Hoe
App Dev-DCS
SGX-IT Division

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

Confidentiality Caution
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.