Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Christopher Raber <cr...@avantgo.com> on 2002/02/16 21:04:47 UTC

Handling invalid character references...

Apparently validating parsers like Xerces are going to reject invalid XML characters like

Re: Handling invalid character references...

Posted by Raber Chris <cp...@yahoo.com>.
Oops, my message was truncated. What I meant to say
is:

Apparently validating parsers like Xerces are going
to reject invalid XML characters like &#0; (i.e. nul).

Unfortunately I have a situation where my input is
html pages that have been morphed into xhtml, and the
xhtml sometimes contains character references such as
these.

Is there a way to configure Xerces/Xalan to either
ignore these characters, or to morph them to something
else?

TIA,

-Chris.

http://sports.yahoo.com