Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matteo Grolla <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/07 12:09:07 UTC

solr-8258

Hi,
    the export handler returns 0 for null numeric values.
Can someone explain me why it doesn't leave the field off the record like
string or multivalue fields?
thanks

Matteo

Re: solr-8258

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Erick Erickson has been working on a ticket for this:

Originally this wasn't implemented because much of streaming API in the
early days didn't properly handle nulls.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/