Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by James Kojo <jk...@bluemartini.com> on 2002/05/03 22:12:26 UTC

error in generated wsdl file

I'm generating a wsdl file, and then generating the server stubs and
deployment descriptors from the wsdl file.
When I run the wsdl2java tool, I get an sax parser exception stating
that there is a error in the wsdl file.
Apparently, certain attributes are being defined twice in the
wsdl:definitions tag.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Here's the command I use to generate the wsdl file:

java2wsdl -n"urn:%WS_NAME%" -o %WS_NAME%.wsdl -l"%WSDL_URL%"
-p"%PACKAGE_NAME%" "urn:%WS_NAME%" -m%METHOD_NAMES% %CLASSNAME%

Here's the command I use to generate the deployment descriptors:

wsdl2java -o build -d Session -s -S false -Nurn:%WS_NAME%
"%PACKAGE_NAME%" %WS_NAME%.wsdl

Here's the exception:

- Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error:
URI=file:///D:/dev/modules/icm/engine/jav
a/com/bluemartini/icm/engine/server/soap/ICMEngine.wsdl Line=2:
Attribute "xmlns:wsdl" was already specified for element
"wsdl:definitions".
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)

        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:209)

        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(WSDLReaderImpl.java:1337)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java$WSDLRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

And finally, here's the offending line in the wsdl file:

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
targetNamespace="urn:MySevice" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:xmlns="" xmlns:impl="urn:MyService-impl"
xmlns:intf="urn:MyService" xmlns:tns2="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:tns3="http://common.engine.interaction.bluemartini.com"

notcie that there is two definitions for: "xmlns:wsdl". Also, the two
attributes:
xmlns:xmlns="" and

seem to conflict.

Is this a bug?