Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by zze-DAROUX Olivier FTRD/DIH/GRE <ol...@rd.francetelecom.com> on 2003/08/05 15:31:49 UTC

Lazy loading

Hi everybody :-)

I'm using batik for a R&D project and I've got a problem using the JSVGCanvas. In fact the problem is when I put the mouse cursor in the canvas, it takes some seconds to highlight a shape (by using onmouseover event, managed by java, not by ecma script). Then moving the cursor highlights other shapes correctly, without delay.
Morever if I don't move the mouse over the canvas, updates made by java (using updatemanager) are not showed. (This my main problem, the delay is accessory)

In 1.5 release notes I saw that update's classes were loaded lazily. Could it be the problem I encounter ? Is there a mean to make them loaded at startup, not when firstly used ?
Actually, is this my problem ? :-)
(I use the updatemanager, then, it's not the problem)

I use jdk1.4.1_01, batik1.5 on Win2000 If it could use.

Thanks for your help
Olivier

Re: Lazy loading

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
zze-DAROUX Olivier FTRD/DIH/GRE wrote:
> Hi everybody :-)
>
> I'm using batik for a R&D project and I've got a problem using
 > the JSVGCanvas. In fact the problem is when I put the mouse
 > cursor in the canvas, it takes some seconds to highlight a shape
 > (by using onmouseover event, managed by java, not by ecma script).
 > Then moving the cursor highlights other shapes correctly, without
 > delay.

   Can you trace what the program is doing during this time?
When is your runnable called, when does your runnable exit?
Is it possible that the loading delay is your code?

> Morever if I don't move the mouse over the canvas, updates made by
 > java (using updatemanager) are not showed. (This my main problem,
 > the delay is accessory)

   So this really sounds like you are not using the UpdateManager's
RunnableQueue.  Can you post some code that shows how you post the
runnable?  Also an example runnable would be useful (best of course
is a standalone reproducable test case).

> In 1.5 release notes I saw that update's classes were loaded lazily.
 > Could it be the problem I encounter ? Is there a mean to make them
 > loaded at startup, not when firstly used ?
> Actually, is this my problem ? :-)
> (I use the updatemanager, then, it's not the problem)

   I think this refered to the Java Scripting engine which it sounds like
you are not using.