Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net> on 2006/03/12 18:01:43 UTC

[shale] LoadBundle basename not set

I'm trying to update from the 20060130 nightly to the 20060312 nightly
and I'm getting an IllegalStateException from the LoadBundle component
that I wasn't getting before.  It looks like the basename attribute
isn't being set for some reason, and I'm a bit lost as to why.  I
haven't changed anything in my code other than the version of
shale-core.jar and shale-clay.jar.  I've looked through the code and
everything looks fine to me.

Here's the exception that I'm getting and the configuration of the
LoadBundle in my faces-config.xml:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The 'basename' property
cannot be null
        at org.apache.shale.util.LoadBundle.getMap(LoadBundle.java:152)
        at
org.apache.shale.faces.ShalePropertyResolver.getType(ShalePropertyResolver.java:263)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.config.ManagedBeanBuilder.initializeProperties(ManagedBeanBuilder.java:164)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.config.ManagedBeanBuilder.buildManagedBean(ManagedBeanBuilder.java:55)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.el.VariableResolverImpl.resolveVariable(VariableResolverImpl.java:311)
        at
org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleVariableResolver.resolveVariable(ShaleVariableResolver.java:152)
        at
org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver.resolveVariable(DelegatingVariableResolver.java:110)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl$ELVariableResolver.resolveVariable(ValueBindingImpl.java:569)
        at org.apache.commons.el.NamedValue.evaluate(NamedValue.java:124)
        at
org.apache.commons.el.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:140)
        at
org.apache.commons.el.ExpressionString.evaluate(ExpressionString.java:114)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:378)
        ... 66 more

  <managed-bean>
    <managed-bean-name>labels</managed-bean-name>
    <managed-bean-class>
      org.apache.shale.util.LoadBundle
    </managed-bean-class>
    <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
    <managed-property>
      <property-name>basename</property-name>
      <value>com.contentconnections.mpl.publicschools.labels</value>
    </managed-property>
  </managed-bean>

I have no idea why all of a sudden the basename wouldn't be getting
set.  It doesn't look there is anything wrong with the LoadBundle
component itself.  Did something change in other parts of shale-core
that could be causing this?

Thanks,
Rich