Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Andrew Kilgore <an...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/24 22:39:09 UTC

Sharing "share link" with another (authenticated) Guacamole user

Hi,

I'm experimenting with connection sharing and encountered this issue using
1.1.0. I also tested on 1.3.0 and saw the same results.

When I generate a "share link" and give it to a non-guacamole user (or a
user that isn't authenticated), everything works as expected - the user is
given access to the connection in accordance with the sharing profile
settings.

However, if I give the link to an authenticated user and they navigate to
it, they are just taken to the home page. My reading of the manual suggests
that this should work:

"Clicking any of the options within the "Share" menu will immediately
> generate a unique share link *which can be distributed to anyone, even to
> users which do not otherwise have accounts within the same Guacamole system*
> ."

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Andy.

Re: Sharing "share link" with another (authenticated) Guacamole user

Posted by akilgore <an...@gmail.com>.
Mike Jumper-3 wrote
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021, 15:39 Andrew Kilgore &lt;

> andrew.kilgore@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> It's there - the connection will appear within the list of available
> connections, with a little "Shared by (username)" tag.
>
> - Mike

Thanks Mike, it seems I just needed to reload the page in order for it to
appear in all connections.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.