Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2011/01/27 21:09:52 UTC

POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Hi, fellow Turbine users,

in the process of getting a milestone of Turbine 4.0 released in the
near future, we would like to know what you expect the minimum JDK
version to compile Turbine against to be. Cast your vote.

[ ] JDK 1.4
[ ] JDK 5.0
[ ] JDK 6.0

Bye, Thomas.

Re: POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
On 28/01/11 7:09 AM, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> [ ] JDK 1.4
> [ ] JDK 5.0
> [x] JDK 6.0
If anyone needs 5 they should speak up.
Hopefully nobody is stuck back on 1.4.

Scott

Fwd: POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Martin Lidgard <ma...@tibetserver.se>.
 [ ] JDK 1.4
 [ ] JDK 5.0
 [X] JDK 6.0

Martin (we need that kick in the butt to move to 6 anyway!)

Posted by Tony Oslund <to...@prepare-enrich.com>.
[ ] JDK 1.4

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 27.01.11 21:41, Jeffery Painter wrote:
> Looks like there is a consensus!

Last time I checked, 190 people were subscribed to user@turbine.a.o, so
I'd expect a little bit more ;-)

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.

--
Jeff Painter

Re: POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <ho...@ellumination.de>.
Am 27.01.2011 um 21:09 schrieb Thomas Vandahl:

> Hi, fellow Turbine users,
>
> in the process of getting a milestone of Turbine 4.0 released in the
> near future, we would like to know what you expect the minimum JDK
> version to compile Turbine against to be. Cast your vote.
>
> [ ] JDK 1.4
> [ ] JDK 5.0
> [X] JDK 6.0

Bye Juergen

Re: POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tom Metz <to...@hsf.cz>.
I remember from the time, when we switched from 5 to 6 a very favourite
error: missing String.isEmpty(), so the answer is: possibility of using
new Java library functions. Secondly, the JDK 6 update 10 wasn't just a
bugfix release, there were some new addons we had been waiting for that
time.

On 1/28/11 4:25 AM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> I use jdk 6. But what does it give Turbine that 5 doesn't?
>
> Will
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 27, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Tom Metz<to...@hsf.cz>  wrote:
>
>> On 1/27/11 9:09 PM, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
>>> Hi, fellow Turbine users,
>>>
>>> in the process of getting a milestone of Turbine 4.0 released in the
>>> near future, we would like to know what you expect the minimum JDK
>>> version to compile Turbine against to be. Cast your vote.
>>>
>>> [ ] JDK 1.4
>>> [ ] JDK 5.0
>>> [ ] JDK 6.0
>>> [X] JDK 7.0
>>>
>> OK, just kidding, JDK 6 :-)

HSF logo

Ing. Tomas Metz jr.
HSF spol. s r. o.

tel   : +420 352 638 111
mob   : +420 724 005 323
email :tomm@hsf.cz
jabber:tom.metz@jabber.cz
www   :www.hsf.cz  <http://www.hsf.cz>

<http://www.hsf.cz>

Tato zpráva obsahuje du*ve(rné a/nebo právne( chráne(né informace. Pokud
nejste správným adresátem, popr(ípade( jste obdrz(el(a) tuto zprávu
omylem, informujte, prosím, obratem odesílatele a smaz(te tuto zprávu.
Nedovolené kopírování a pr(eposílání této zprávy není dovoleno.

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

error) notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any
e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Metz <to...@hsf.cz>.
On 1/27/11 9:09 PM, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Hi, fellow Turbine users,
>
> in the process of getting a milestone of Turbine 4.0 released in the
> near future, we would like to know what you expect the minimum JDK
> version to compile Turbine against to be. Cast your vote.
>
> [ ] JDK 1.4
> [ ] JDK 5.0
> [ ] JDK 6.0
> [X] JDK 7.0

OK, just kidding, JDK 6 :-)

Re: RESULT POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 29.01.11 21:11, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> As long as you pay the free<beer> ... :-)

No problem, as long as you pay the shipping. ;-) Beer is always
available in my house. I'm German, you know.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: RESULT POLL: JDK version required for Turbine 4.0?

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
As long as you pay the free<beer> ... :-)

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Yokanovich <sy...@smythco.com>.
[ ] JDK 1.4