Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Chris Millar <ch...@millr.org> on 2017/11/29 23:45:15 UTC

Sling Model Exporter appears to set incorrect response content-type

I've constructed a Sling Model Exporter with very basic options [0], and it
seems to be outputting:

This breaks the JSON RFC [1] as the default character encoding. It should
be:

I'm hoping there's a solution to this, or that I'm missing something
obvious. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[0] https://gist.github.com/auniverseaway/c8b7b9013b5ecdd9c790253d194d17b6
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159#section-8.1

Re: Sling Model Exporter appears to set incorrect response content-type

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Thanks. I think I see the problem. This is a bug in Jetty.

https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/master/jetty-http/src/main/resources/org/eclipse/jetty/http/encoding.properties
only
includes text/json as mapped to UTF-8. It should also set this for
application/json.

We could certainly choose to work around this in Sling, but it should be
done at a lower level than the ExportServlet.

Regards,
Justin

Posted by Chris Millar <ch...@millr.org>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.