Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Haitao Yao <ya...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/20 07:58:58 UTC

How to run pig batch?

hi, all
	I have tens of simple pig scripts to run. While there's no parameter name collision, I merged them into a large pig script which is about 4000 lines.
	But the merged pig script takes pig a lot of time merging and analyzing.

	How can I quickly submit tens of scripts in parallel?

	BTW, I do not want to start tens of pig process for memory issue.
	thanks very much.

Re: How to run pig batch?

Posted by Haitao Yao <ya...@gmail.com>.
the pig script is generated by a system which is more than 4000 lines.

The pig client compile it for a long time.

I have solved the problem by dividing the big script  into small ones and implementing a new pig client which will concurrently submit multiple pig scripts for computation.

Is there any other way?
thanks.

在 2012-2-21,上午5:02, Dmitriy Ryaboy 写道:

Re: How to run pig batch?