Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas Maisonneuve <n....@HotPOP.com> on 2003/09/03 20:55:31 UTC

woody sample error CVS

when i lauch the XML sample  woody, i have this error..

Original Exception: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.cocoon.woody.datatype.SelectionListBuilder.build(Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;Lorg/apache/cocoon/woody/datatype/Datatype;)Lorg/apache/cocoon/woody/datatype/SelectionList;

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.AbstractDatatypeWidgetDefinitionBuilder.buildSelectionList(AbstractDatatypeWidgetDefinitionBuilder.java:86)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.FieldDefinitionBuilder.buildWidgetDefinition(FieldDefinitionBuilder.java:74)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.AbstractWidgetDefinitionBuilder.buildAnotherWidgetDefinition(AbstractWidgetDefinitionBuilder.java:105)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.formmodel.FormDefinitionBuilder.buildWidgetDefinition(FormDefinitionBuilder.java:73)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.DefaultFormManager.getFormDefinition(DefaultFormManager.java:152)

	at org.apache.cocoon.woody.DefaultFormManager.createForm(DefaultFormManager.java:128)

Re: woody sample error CVS

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 09:11, Marc Portier wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> NoSuchMethodError is typically thrown when there is a mismatch between
> jars and/or jdk between building and running

I think it's more typically thrown when you changed a method signature
in one class, and didn't adapt and recompile depending classes.

So I'd start by removing your build dir so that a clean build is
performed.

<snip/>

Re: woody sample error CVS

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
Nicolas,

NoSuchMethodError is typically thrown when there is a mismatch between
jars and/or jdk between building and running

checking this can become quite cumbersome, but for starters it often
pays off to check just the jdk (cocoon's build is spitting a warning
specially for this)

could you elaborate on the used build and run environment that resulted
in this?

furthermore, your cut&paste below seems to be missing the line-number
indication on the first line.  It would help to identify precisely which
Method isn't available at runtime.

regards,
-marc=