Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Robertson <dw...@lbl.gov> on 2007/08/03 00:35:37 UTC

Transport error: 400 Error: Bad Request

I'm wondering if something changed in the way a client handles SOAP
faults between Axis2 1.1.1 and Axis2 1.2.  Previously if a fault message
was thrown, the client would receive the fault message.  As of 1.2,
we've always gotten the error in the subject line when a fault is thrown
on the server.  I believe that what comes back to the client is the
correct message with the fault.  This still occurs with the nightly
build of 1.3.  (We have modified our skeleton and exception classes to
follow the latest code generation.)  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-David Robertson

RE: Transport error: 400 Error: Bad Request

Posted by "Merritt, Norris" <no...@hp.com>.
I suspect the server you are talking to is returning an ordinary HTTP
400 Bad request, not a SOAP fault. The HTTP status code must be 500 for
all SOAP faults. Services can sometimes respond with 400 Bad Request or
401 Unauthorized in addition to actual SOAP faults with code 500.

Posted by Jorge Fernandez <in...@yahoo.es>.
Hi David,

There is some working around it. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2845

Regards,

Jorge Fernández

David Robertson <dw...@lbl.gov> escribió: I'm wondering if something changed in the way a client handles SOAP
faults between Axis2 1.1.1 and Axis2 1.2.  Previously if a fault message
was thrown, the client would receive the fault message.  As of 1.2,
we've always gotten the error in the subject line when a fault is thrown
on the server.  I believe that what comes back to the client is the
correct message with the fault.  This still occurs with the nightly
build of 1.3.  (We have modified our skeleton and exception classes to
follow the latest code generation.)  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-David Robertson

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!.