Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by aertsko <ae...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/08 10:18:30 UTC

Re: Simple Event Propagation Problem

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> Often, a component will capture "action" events from one or more
> components and trigger new events with names customized to what the
> component does; here is might trigger an "edit" event, and you would
> name your method onEditFromLayout().

Hi Howard,

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Could you explain in more detail how the capturing and triggering of the
edit event works? I can capture the action event from my actionlink, but I
can't find how to trigger the edit event.

Tnx,
Koen

Re: Simple Event Propagation Problem

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 05:18:30 -0300, aertsko <ae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is exactly what I am looking for.
>
> Could you explain in more detail how the capturing and triggering of the
> edit event works? I can capture the action event from my actionlink, but
> I can't find how to trigger the edit event.

@Inject ComponentResources then its triggerEvent(String eventType,
Object[] contextValues, ComponentEventCallback callback) method. See its
JavaDoc for more details.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor