Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Harshad Deshmukh <ha...@cs.wisc.edu> on 2016/11/04 15:42:03 UTC

Delay in showing a branch on GitHub mirror

Hello,

I pushed a branch (named auto-worker-pinning) to the apache repository
11 hours ago. That branch is still not showing up on the GitHub mirror.
Has any one else experienced similar issue? Without the branch showing
up on GitHub, I can't create a pull request for it.

Harshad

Re: Delay in showing a branch on GitHub mirror

Posted by tarun bansal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As mentioned by Jignesh, I use the personal fork model that Julian
recommends and it worked fine for me every time. Also, it may prove easier
to adopt and understand for future committers and beginners in the
community.

Tarun Bansal

Re: Delay in showing a branch on GitHub mirror

Posted by Jignesh Patel <jm...@gmail.com>.
Good discussion!

Posted by Hakan Memisoglu <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
What do other folks think? There's nothing in Apache policy that prevents you from taking pull requests from the Apache account, so that can definitely be an option, if you want. What do you think works best for you and the community?

Julian

PS If you agree, Apache custom is to reply "+1". Silence doesn't indicate assent, it indicates apathy :)

Posted by Harshad Deshmukh <ha...@cs.wisc.edu>.
Hi Julian,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harshad Deshmukh <ha...@cs.wisc.edu>.