Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2005/09/01 15:43:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r264923 - in /cocoon/trunk: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/log/CocoonLogFormatter.java status.xml

antonio@apache.org wrote:
> -    protected final static SimpleDateFormat DATE_FORMATTER = new SimpleDateFormat("(yyyy-MM-dd) HH:mm.ss:SSS");
> +    private static final String DEFAULT_TIME_PATTERN = "(yyyy-MM-dd) HH:mm.ss:SSS";

Antonio,

According to [1]:

     FastDateFormat is a fast and thread-safe version of SimpleDateFormat.

So I suggest revisiting this piece of code in order to improve efficiency :-)

Thanks,
Vadim

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/api/org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat.html

Re: svn commit: r264923 - in /cocoon/trunk: src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/log/CocoonLogFormatter.java status.xml

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> See: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=266246&view=rev
>
> Is this what you have in mind? ;-)

Yep, much better :)

Vadim

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> antonio@apache.org wrote:
>
>> -    protected final static SimpleDateFormat DATE_FORMATTER = new
>> SimpleDateFormat("(yyyy-MM-dd) HH:mm.ss:SSS");
>> +    private static final String DEFAULT_TIME_PATTERN = "(yyyy-MM-dd)
>> HH:mm.ss:SSS";
>

> Antonio,
>
> According to [1]:
>
>     FastDateFormat is a fast and thread-safe version of SimpleDateFormat.
>
> So I suggest revisiting this piece of code in order to improve
> efficiency :-)

You are right! I will fix this today after work. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo