Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Charlton Jackson <ct...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/10 22:37:11 UTC

Axis fault question

I'm getting the fault below when running an Axis client.  Does anyone know
what could be causing this, or have any ideas as to the kind of things I can
try in an attempt to isolate the problem?  I'm not even hitting the server,
so I'm confused why the client would be doing any deserialization (as
evidenced by the stack trace) at this point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks,
ctj

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:

        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at
Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
        at is.service.IsSoapBindingStub.retrieve(IsSoapBindingStub.java:205)
        at is.service.ISClientInterface.retrieve(ISClientInterface.java:64)
        at is.service.ISClient.main(ISClient.java:85)

Re: Axis fault question

Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Hello Charlton,

Can you confirm whether your method was actually entered?
Just to make sure the exception is not happening within your own code..

I am not familiar with Axis's logging functions, so I'd either use
Eclipse in debugging mode and make it stop when an
InvocationTargetException is generated, or try harder to figure out what
could cause such exception.
I believe an InvocationTargetException is generally thrown by the
Class.invoke method. This method would be used to either instantiate
your impl instance, a Javabean or user exception class, or to call a
method on it. You could put something in the default constructor of your
impl to check whether instantiation went successfully. Same for your
retrieve(String, String) method.

If your WSDL uses Doc/lit then we could check the elements in your
request are correct (could it be trying to call a non-existing method),
maybe compare them with what's in your WSDD.

Regards,
Dies

Re: Axis fault question

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:06:06 GMT