Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Olsson <mn...@minimum.se> on 2004/08/02 22:23:18 UTC

wsdl2java classnames & secure remote deployment

--- ABOUT THE AXIS TOOL WSDL2JAVA

How can I stop wsdl2java from using those long classnames, ie
java.lang.String instead of just String aso. Ideally I would like it to
add a few imports and then be done with it.

--- ABOUT AXIS DEPLOYMENT

If I execute this command (to deploy my web service):
java -cp %MY_LIBS% org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://132.196.133.209:8080/axis/services/AdminService etc/deploy.wsdd
How does the admin client know what username/password it should use? And
in which file on the server may I configure these users?

The Axis user-guide tells me that in order to enabled remote
adminstration (ie remote deployment) I must first activate the admin
service (which I did) and then also make sure that the admin service
accepts requests from hosts other than the local host. For this latter
step the user-guide says I should edit server-config.wsdd but I have no
such file? What is wrong?

Finally, once I have activated the admin service and allowed remote
calls to it, how can I secure it properly?

Regards,
Martin Olsson