Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Rellis <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/21 11:43:40 UTC

Help debugging cluster membership

Hey Folks,

I may have posted too broad a question yesterday.  Apologies, was very
tired.  Anyway, I have two tomcat instances on EC2 that are load balanced
with mod_jk.  Both tomcats are configured for static membership as opposed
to multicast.  However, when both tomcats start up, they do not see each
other.  The logs say :

INFO: Manager [localhost#/ClusterApp]: skipping state transfer. No members
active in cluster group.

Right now I am blind and don't know whats going on.

Are there more logs that I can view or some other techniques I can use to
narrow down my errors???

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Tomcat 7.

For reference, here is the grandiose question I asked yesterday with all
the specifics, I have removed auto binding since then but to no avail :
http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/Static-Membership-Session-Replication-td4986978.html

--
John Rellis