Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <de...@broadridge.com> on 2011/03/30 22:15:19 UTC

ivyDE fails while ivy ant task succeeds?

This is very weird, but we have a dependency on a project oldDb version
1.0.+ from our main project.

This is a very consistent test case now....happens every time there is a
new deployment of oldDb project.

And when we do a Ivy->resolve in eclipse, it fails(but will pass in a
later step down below)!!!!  The failure in eclipse is a popup window
with....

Some projects fail to be resolved

Impossible to resolve dependencies of com.broadridge#papr;1.0

download failed: com.broadridge#oldDb;1.0.6!oldDb-source.jar(source)

download failed: com.broadridge#oldDb;1.0.6!oldDb.jar

And when we run the ant build with SAME ivysettings.xml and same ivy.xml
file, it works AND gets the jars to the local cache on the computer at
which point I can then use Ivy->Resolve in eclipse and it will pass.

Is there something wrong with my ivysettings.xml file(though it works
via the ant task)...and why wouldn't IvyDE just be using the same code
that the ivy ant task is using(ie. It should not fail if the ant task is
not failing, right???)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ivy-settings>

  <settings defaultResolver="main" />

  <!--Authentication required for publishing (deployment). 'Artifactory
Realm' is the realm used by Artifactory so don't change it.-->

  <credentials host="20.350.5.30" realm="Artifactory Realm"
username="admin" passwd="password"/>

  <resolvers>

      <chain name="main">

      <ibiblio name="broadridge" m2compatible="true"
root="http://10.250.5.30:8081/artifactory/libs-release" />

          <url name="artifactory-publish" m2compatible="true">

            <artifact pattern=

"http://20.350.5.30:8081/artifactory/libs-release-local/[organization]/[
module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>

              <ivy
pattern="http://20.350.5.30:8081/artifactory/libs-release-local/[organiz
ation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml" />

          </url>

    </chain>

  </resolvers>

</ivy-settings>